Smith College’s COVID-19 response plan, “护理文化,” puts health and safety, students’ education and the Smith experience at its center.
and the college’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 格雷库尔门 welcomes your submissions. To discuss a story idea of interest to the Smith community, contact Barbara Solow at 413-585-2171 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 史密斯edigest is sent to all campus email accounts on Tuesday and Thursday each week during the academic year and on Tuesdays during the summer. Items for edigest are limited to official Smith business and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the day prior to the next edition’s distribution.
Information about COVID-19 Reporting, Precautions
Following this morning’s notification of a likely case of COVID-19 in the Smith community, Smith students, faculty and staff are reminded of important steps they can take to protect themselves and others.
在一个 letter to the community, David DeSwert, vice president for finance and administration and chair of the COVID-19 Incident Response Team, asked any student, staff or faculty member who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 to act in accordance with CDC guidelines for those who have contracted the disease and:
- Contact their primary care provider for guidance. Do not go in person to any medical provider without first calling for advice. In support of social distancing, we recommend using telehealth resources. For employees, Harvard Pilgrim, the college’s health insurance provider, supports www.doctorondemand.com.
- Remain at home and practice self-isolation to limit the spread of the disease.
- 雇员 are asked to notify their department head and fill out this private form to support the Schacht Center for Health and Wellness’ public health response. Updates can also be sent to email@example.com with the subject “COVID follow up.” 雇员 should note that the Schacht Center cannot provide medical services to employees, and is only acting in this case as a repository of community health information.
- 在校学生 are asked to call the Schacht Center for Health and Wellness at 413-585-2800. 学生们 are asked to provide health updates to the Schacht Center via the secure and confidential patient portal.
- 学生们 off campus are asked to call their primary care provider and seek medical care and guidance in their current location. All students are encouraged to provide an update to the Schacht Center via the secure and confidential patient portal.
Dumont noted that to track the health of the Smith community, it is critical that Smith students, faculty and staff report if they are being tested for or are presumed positive for COVID-19. “The college will not release any identifying information about potential cases in accordance with privacy guidelines and HIPAA privacy law,” she added.
全文 三月23日的信 在线。
Smith’s COVID-19 website provides comprehensive, up-to-date information.
Smith also is regularly updating its 常问问题.